Mental Health Early Intervention Services
Infants and young children with developmental, social-emotional or medically related vulnerabilities need extra care from the beginning. Early Intervention Services (EIS) at UCSF provides therapeutic intervention, child development services and family support services for infants and young children (newborn to age 5) who have emerging developmental, medical and social-emotional delays. EIS services are family-centered and predominantly delivered in the home, although group sessions are offered at community-based locations. With the right intervention at the start, we can put your entire family on the path to positive growth and relationships.
Our locations (2)
Awards & recognition
Ranked among the nation's best in 10 specialties
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your child's condition
- List of medications, including dosages, plus any your child is allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
New visitor rules
Before you head to the hospital, check our special COVID-19 rules for visitors. Thanks!
Our research initiatives
UCSF Department of Psychiatry Research
Learning never stops