UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital San Francisco was designed with children in mind, and our patient rooms are no exception. Large and light-filled, all general patient rooms are single occupancy and built to comfortably accommodate one patient as well as a parent or guardian. Our Intensive Care Nursery offers private rooms for single babies and doubles for twins, with a nearby family area so parents can stay close to their newborns.
All patient rooms feature:
- Large windows, allowing for plenty of natural light and garden views.
- High-speed wireless internet access.
- Family area with a locking storage cabinet and sleeper sofa.
- Oneview media screen that patients can use to order meals on demand, play movies and music, and virtually connect with classrooms and friends back home. Families can also use Oneview to access information about the patient care team, educational resources and interactive patient care services.
- A bedside tablet for playing video games.
To support our young patients, we've worked to create an atmosphere where kids are encouraged to continue being kids while in the hospital. To that end, we offer a number of programs, activities and play areas in the hospital. For more information, visit Child Life Services.
Family members will also find many services and amenities to make their time with us more comfortable. To learn more, visit Family Amenities.
If you or your child has a vision, speech or hearing impairment or need any type of special accommodation, please let your child's health care team know. Tools such as TTYs, assistive listening systems and visual notification devices are available. To access a 24-hour TTY phone line, dial (415) 885-3TTY.