Sleep Disorders Center
Sleep problems are common in childhood, but that doesn't mean parents should wait for their kids to outgrow them. When a child doesn't get enough sleep, there can be serious consequences on behavior, mood, ability to learn and even cardiovascular health. The UCSF Pediatric Sleep Disorders Center specializes in evaluating and treating all kinds of sleep-related issues in infants, children and adolescents. Our team is led by one of the few pediatric respiratory medicine specialists in the nation who is also board-certified in sleep medicine, and the team includes doctors dedicated exclusively to diagnosing and managing sleep disorders in our youngest patients.
The somnographers who perform our sleep studies are experienced in working with children, and our state-of-the-art sleep lab is one of the few in the Bay Area to conduct overnight studies tailored specifically to kids. Once we determine the cause of your child's sleep problem, we provide comprehensive care by working closely with the appropriate UCSF pediatric specialists. We have experts in pediatric pulmonology, neurology, otolaryngology, plastic surgery, psychiatry, developmental pediatrics, and oral and maxillofacial surgery. Recognizing that children have different sleep needs, we aim to help each child achieve the best possible night's sleep.
Why choose us
Comprehensive care for children with sleep problems
- Our doctors are nationally and internationally known leaders in the field.
- Our center is fully equipped for diagnostic studies, positive airway pressure titration studies (for sleep apnea), and evaluations of oxygen and carbon dioxide blood levels during sleep.
- Sleep studies are performed by experienced registered pediatric polysomnographers in facilities designed to help children feel safe and comfortable.
- Results are carefully reviewed by an experienced technologist and interpreted by a board-certified sleep medicine physician with special training to treat sleep disorders in children.
Our locations (2)
Awards & recognition
One of the nation's best in pulmonology & lung surgery
Ranked among the nation's best in 10 specialties
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your child's condition
- List of medications, including dosages, plus any your child is allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
New visitor rules
Before you head to the hospital, check our special COVID-19 rules for visitors. Thanks!
Feeling at home