Hearing & Communication Clinic
The Pediatric Hearing and Communication Clinic provides family-centered care for children who are deaf or hard of hearing. The only one of its kind in California, our multidisciplinary clinic brings together pediatric specialists in otolaryngology, audiology, speech-language pathology and social work, who meet as a team with each family in a session focused on education and counseling. We encourage families to invite others involved in their child's care, such as early intervention and school providers, to the collaborative session.
Our goal is to establish and describe a comprehensive plan for the child's hearing-related needs, including (but not limited to) diagnostic testing, hearing devices (such as cochlear implants), speech-language therapy (using telemedicine as needed), and educational support. The clinic also provides families with opportunities to learn about child- and family-centered outreach and support activities, workshops, peer connections and research projects.
Our locations (1)
Awards & recognition
Ranked among the nation's best in 10 specialties
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Insurance cards for all plans covering your child
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral
- Recent test results related to your child's condition
- Audiograms and other audiological reports
- List of medications, including dosages, plus any your child is allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
Related clinics (3)
Patient Services Article Cards