Encore Medical Clinic
UCSF's Pediatric Encore Medical Clinic (EMC) addresses the unique health needs of homeless children. The Oakland-based clinic, a collaboration between UCSF Primary Care and the Center for the Vulnerable Child, provides outreach, culturally specific case management services, and medical services for homeless families, as well as assistance with insurance, housing, dental care, and social service and legal referrals. Our experienced case managers conduct outreach at community shelters and drop-in centers and accept referrals from other providers, including emergency rooms. Our goal is to provide a consistent medical home for children while assisting the family through a period of transition.
Our locations (1)
Awards & recognition
Ranked among the nation's best in 10 specialties
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your child's condition
- List of medications, including dosages, plus any your child is allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
New visitor rules
Before you head to the hospital, check our special COVID-19 rules for visitors. Thanks!
Learning never stops