One in 12 children suffers from asthma. If not adequately treated, the recurring bouts of coughing, wheezing and breathlessness can interfere with sleep, exercise and daily activities and in general undermine a child's quality of life. At UCSF's Pediatric Asthma Program our team of pediatric pulmonologists, nurse practitioners and respiratory therapists work closely with children, their families and their primary care doctors to help patients control their symptoms and lead active, normal lives.
We treat infants, children and adolescents, particularly those with cases that are difficult to control. Our program includes a thorough evaluation, including lung function measurement and allergy testing, since many cases are linked to allergies. We also provide comprehensive education on asthma and ongoing management to ensure the best possible care.
Our locations (2)
Awards & recognition
One of the nation's best in pulmonology & lung surgery
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if needed
- A copy of your child's medical records
- A copy of medical test results, preferably including chest X-rays and other imaging studies on CD
- All medications or medical devices your child is using
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
Learning never stops