Biochemical Genetic Medicine Clinic
UCSF's pediatric Biochemical Genetic Medicine Clinic provides comprehensive diagnostic evaluations, disease management, genetic counseling and education for patients and their families living with inherited metabolic and neurological diseases. Our San Francisco-based clinic serves people of all ages, infants to adults, from across Northern California. Patients have access to our broad range of specialists, many of them leaders in the fields of genetics, neurology and metabolic disorders. We are certified by California Children's Services and the California Department of Health Services’ Genetic Disease Branch.
Our locations (1)
Awards & recognition
Ranked among the nation's best in 10 specialties
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your child's condition
- List of medications, including dosages, plus any your child is allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
New visitor rules
Patients may have only one visitor at a time and switch visitors twice a day. Thanks!
Tender wagging care