Peripheral Nerve Clinic
The Pediatric Peripheral Nerve Clinic is dedicated to caring for children with acquired nerve injuries, whether they happened at birth or later on. We treat brachial plexus palsy (a condition involving the nerve network of the shoulder and arm) as well as nerve injuries from fractures and other accidents.
Our UCSF team includes a pediatric neuromuscular specialist, a pediatric neurosurgeon, an orthopedic surgeon and an occupational therapist, all with expertise in treating kids with acquired nerve injuries. We work together to quickly determine the right diagnosis and treatment for your child. If needed, we can coordinate same-day appointments for electromyography (nerve conduction studies) and diagnostic imaging.
Our locations (1)
Awards & recognition
Ranked among the nation's best in 10 specialties
One of the nation's best in neurology & neurosurgery
in NIH funding among U.S. neurology programs
Plan your visit
What to Bring
- Photo I.D.
- Health insurance card
- Insurance authorization, if required
- Doctor's referral, if required
- Recent test results related to your child's condition
- List of medications, including dosages, plus any your child is allergic to
- List of questions you may have
- Device or paper for taking notes
Soothing the soul