The Dance Medicine Program provides expert injury prevention and rehabilitation services to the youth performing arts community. Our goal is to help kids perform to the best of their abilities over the long term.
We work with performing artists of all skill levels, from recreational to professional, including:
- Dancers (ballet, jazz, hip-hop, lyrical, contemporary, tap, African, Irish and more)
- Figure skaters
- Injury diagnosis and treatment programs tailored to individual needs and goals
- Insight on why an injury occurred and how to prevent reinjury
- Performance enhancement through improving posture, balance and strength
- Corrective exercises to refine technique
- Personalized sports nutrition plans to support training, performance and recovery
- For dancers: individual and group assessments on injury risk
- For ballet dancers: pointe readiness assessments
Experts on our team range from pediatric orthopedic surgeons to Pilates instructors. These providers understand the unique biomechanical requirements of a performer's feet, ankles, knees, hips and back. Many team members are involved in the performing arts themselves.
The Dance Medicine Program is part of the Sports Medicine Center for Young Athletes.