Project Empowerment: Dynamic Determined Divas was founded to serve Black transgender women of all ages, including youth, and Black cisgender women ages 50 and up in Alameda and Contra Costa counties. We provide innovative, culturally appropriate, peer-based services in your language and from your perspective, while honestly addressing personal and social barriers to health equity and self-sufficiency.
Our services include:
- Free Uber/Lyft rides to our events
- Gift cards (for Target, Ulta Beauty, etc.)
- Peer support events such as tea parties
- Emotional wellness support, including individual psychological counseling, art therapy and jewelry-making workshops
- Links to medical services, including pre-exposure prophylaxis (PReP) to prevent HIV transmission
- Jewelry-making business development
All services are provided in North Oakland, in a safe space to protect your privacy and support your success.
Join our family
If you're interested in our program, please complete our confidential interest form, and a team member will get back to you with more information.
New: Check out our podcast
We're excited to partner with Audacy Inc. to launch a 12-episode podcast focusing on issues that matter to Black cisgender and transgender women living in Alameda and Contra Costa counties. The podcast will be hosted by Shelley Stinson, director of the Family Care Network at UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland.
Topics will include mental health, sexual health, HIV prevention and treatment, emotional wellness, economic empowerment and personal development. The first episode will be released in January 2022!