Project Empowerment: Dynamic Determined Divas was founded to serve Black transgender women of all ages, including youth, and Black cisgender women ages 50 and up in Alameda and Contra Costa counties. We provide innovative, culturally appropriate, peer-based services in your language and from your perspective, while honestly addressing personal and social barriers to health equity and self-sufficiency.
Our services include:
- Free round-trip transportation to our events
- Gift cards (for Target, Ulta Beauty, Safeway)
- Emotional wellness support, including private psychological counseling, art therapy and peer support events such as tea parties
- Confidential linkage to free medical services, including pre-exposure prophylaxis (PReP) to prevent HIV transmission
- Economic empowerment workshops
All services are provided in North Oakland, in a safe space to protect your privacy and support your success.
Join our family
If you're interested in participating in our program, please complete our confidential interest form, and a Dynamic Determined Diva will get back to you with more information.
New: Check out our podcast, "The Power of Us"
We're excited to partner with Audacy Inc. to launch a 12-episode podcast focusing on issues that matter to Black cisgender and transgender women living in Alameda and Contra Costa counties. The podcast will be hosted by Shelley Stinson, director of Project Empowerment and the Family Care Network at UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland.
Topics will include relationships, emotional changes, stigmas, family, employment and more!